Can't sign in with latest Firefox on Linux unless after restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraoch

Patron
This has been going on a while now, maybe a month. It could be related to a Firefox update, or it could be related to a FreeNAS 9.3 update.

I'll go to sign in to the web GUI and after entering my credentials, the screen blinks and I get the blank credentials box again. Enter user name password, blink, blank box again.

The solution is to restart Firefox. On a "fresh" start, logging in works fine. But after one login attempt is made, I can't login any more unless I restart Firefox.

As I don't read reports all over the forums about this, this browser combination may be unique to me.

Latest Firefox (35.0.1)
Linux Mint 17.1 64-bit (all updates applied)
NoScript Add-on (FreeNAS web page allowed)
Adblock Plus Add-on
Cookies rejected (FreeNAS web page allowed)

Any other software that would be relevant?

I'm hesitant to file this as a bug, it could be Firefox, although it works fine in an old Windows XP laptop, a Windows XP VM and in Firefox for Android on my tablet.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'd wager it almost certainly isn't a FreeNAS bug. Its almost 100% certainty something with Firefox on your linux machine. I dual boot with Linux Mint 17 on my desktop and I've never had that problem.

Generally speaking, if browsers don't work properly either:

1. You use Internet Explorer
2. You're using a very old version of your browser
3. You've got addons and/or custom settings in Firefox that break things for FreeNAS.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
Seems like a cookie problem to me. The cookie doesn't get writed (or it gets writed but it's erased right after) so the web GUI think you're not connected and redirect you to the login page.

"Cookies rejected (FreeNAS web page allowed)" you're sure you've allowed ALL the pages of FreeNAS? (allowing the domain is simpler though)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Aside from a misformatted login screen, IE11 works perfectly. Firefox on Windows has been mostly painless, as well. I think 9.2.1.7 had a couple of quirks in my case.

Fraoch

Patron
Seems like a cookie problem to me. The cookie doesn't get writed (or it gets writed but it's erased right after) so the web GUI think you're not connected and redirect you to the login page.

"Cookies rejected (FreeNAS web page allowed)" you're sure you've allowed ALL the pages of FreeNAS? (allowing the domain is simpler though)

This gave me an idea. Perhaps the cookie schema changed in one of the 9.3 updates?

I deleted the cookie and logged in again. It worked! I was expecting a new cookie though and didn't get one, but it does work now.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.