Can't map nas machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie J

Cadet
I am the network administrator at a parochial grade school where we have approximately 50 windows pc's running either 7 or 8.1 in a peer environment. We also have 3 NAS machines that are used for storage by the staff. I should state clearly that even though I hold an administrator's title I am not an IT professional. All my knowledge comes by trial and error.

The problem I have is that a few of the windows (2 or 3) machines do not see the nas machines which are all running version 9.2.1.7. All the windows machines are configured identically with a unique workgroup name (stpls) and the nas machines have the CIFS service configured with the same stpls workgroup name.

My assumption is that if the nas machines are being seen and are operating properly for the majority of the workgroup machines, then this issue is likely in the 2 or 3 windows machines. I have thoroughly gone through all the network related setting on the windows machines but cannot get them to map any of the nas machines.

If any one has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Can they access the servers by navigating to their IPs or hostnames? (//xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or //SERVERNAME)

Status
Not open for further replies.