SOLVED Can't log in to GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

justvano

Cadet
So I can't seem to log in. I am using the username: root and password is correct. I reset the log in credentials from the physical machine and changed them last night. Still cannot seem to log in. I am very new to this whole FreeNAS thing and I will require plain speak (as opposed to computer jargon). If you need to know some specs let me know. I am running 9.2.0 version. I have installed a couple of plugins: plex, owncloud and bittorrent. Plex is only one currently running though, the others are still not activated or set up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You don't use root to log into the GUI. Use admin

Sent from my Nexus 5

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You simply log in with 'admin' and the password you reset it to.

justvano

Cadet
Figured it out. Thanks for the help. Although you are incorrect in that the username is "root".

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
No it's not. Admin is the default. If you are logging in as root on the GUI, you have changed something from the standard install. This is covered in the documentation

Sent from my Nexus 5

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No.
Versions 9.2.0+ will use the "root" account, so you must enter the root username and password.
Versions prior to 9.2.0 use the old "admin" account and must use that password.

Not sure what you are having a problem with justvano, but my guess is you may be using some character that is incompatible with FreeNAS or your web browser.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
No.
Versions 9.2.0+ will use the "root" account, so you must enter the root username and password.
Versions prior to 9.2.0 use the old "admin" account and must use that password.

Not sure what you are having a problem with justvano, but my guess is you may be using some character that is incompatible with FreeNAS or your web browser.
And where did I miss the notice on that change?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Edit: just went through the docs for 9.2.0. In the what's new section. I'll be damned.
Looks like I won't be upgrading for a while.
My apologies to the OP.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It's in the 9.2.0 release notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.