Can't install FreeNAS 9.10 on USB drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon60

Guru
I am getting this ' the Primary GPT Table is corrupt or invalid' when attempting to install FreeNAS 9.10 onto a Sandisk Cruzer Facet USB 2.0 8GB drive.

Also when I tried 2 other USB drives: An Adata s102 32Gb USB 3.0 drive I get: cannot create 'freenas-boot': pool already exists. The FreeNAS installation on da0 has failed.
I previously re formatted the said drive with the HP USB format tool, and showed 31GB of free space afterwards.

The other USB drive is a Transcend JetFlash 16Gb USB 3.0, and gave the dead same error message after newly formatting it with the HP USB format tool.

Are there any recommendationsof which USB drives are good for FreeNAS.

Sakuru

Guru
What are the specs of the machine you are trying to install FreeNAS on?

avalon60

Guru
I was trying do do it on my laptop which has 8GB DDR3 ram and a 1.8 GHz cpu 800MHz FSB

I have just managed to install it on a Transcend JetFlash 16Gb USB 3.0 drive now, using another desktop which has 8Gb DDR3 ram and a 2.8Ghz cpu, but my FreeNAS box won't boot from it and wants to boot from a 1TB HD I use for cctv stuff'

I realised that it had to be changed in the BIOS, but still no boot/ I then went into trhe boot enviroment?? and selected a last good boot date

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.