Can't connect NFS and iSCSI afte Upgrade to 11.2-RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

perryb

Cadet
Hello,

I've been running Freenas for years without issues but after a recent upgrade to 11.2-RC1, I can no longer attach my nfs and iSCSI to my EXSi hosts. The ESXi host error, when trying to connect the NFS, "unable to connect to NFS server" "Unkown error. Note that I do have network connectivity between my ESXi hosts and my FreeNAS. When I try to reconnect iSCSI, the ESXi host doesn't complain, but a rescan finds no drives. Nothing nothing has change in my environment except the upgrade to FreeNas 11.2-RC1. My ESXi hosts are running v5.5

Need help, my FreeNas is completely useless at this time.

Nick2253

Wizard
Do you have multiple ESXi hosts? And the behavior is the same on all of them? My immediate guess is that some NFS/iSCSI setting was changed during the upgrade. Can you test NFS/iSCSI connectivity using your desktop or some other computer?

In the mean time, if you need your stuff right away, I would recommend rolling back to the previous version of FreeNAS.

perryb

Cadet
Yes, I have multiple ESXi hosts and they've all lost their mounts to the FreeNAS NFS and iSCSI. I think I'll just rollback the FreeNAS version as suggested because there are a plethora of issues with 11.2-RC1 beyond the NFS/iSCSI issue. For instance I no find myself having to run post-startup scripts to "set" the FreeNAS's interface IP information (static not working any longer) and default route, just to establish connectivity. There also a ton of python-3.5 errors, and many more types of errors (too many to list here), boot hangs, can't find ZFS volume, but eventually does; just page after page of errors, takes forever to finally boot. And I've tried to burn the Freenas ISO to multiple USBs as a sanity check - same results every time :cool:. So, backwards I shall go. Thanks

perryb

Cadet
Ok, I had to go all the way back to 11.1 U4 to recover my NFS/iSCSI and all the other problems/errors went away; also no longer need my post scripts to establish network connectivity. Turned off freenas update notification and will stick with what works... 11.1 U4 GUI not as sexy as the latest release, but at least everything is functional :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.