Can't access ONE folder from within my jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkuehne

Cadet
Hello,

I have a jail "nextcloud". It contains some mountpoints and they are all working as expected, but one.
upload_2017-8-10_18-42-35.png

The highlighted one can be accessed, read, but all Subfolders are shown empty. I do have r/w permissions.

/mnt/Speicher/media is a Dataset which contains more Datasets.
/mnt/Speicher/media/Bilder
/mnt/Speicher/media/Downloads
/mnt/Speicher/media/E-Books ....and some more.

from within the jail following works (root dir of the mounted Dataset)
ls /mnt/media - it lists all the existing Datasets
mkdir /mnt/media/test
touch /mnt/media/test/testfile
ls /mnt/media/test
- I can create, folders and files and ls, and it shows me the "testfile" and it creates /mnt/Speicher/media/test, readable from NAS/Samba and jail.

Inside Jail the listing of /mnt/media/ shows and all the Datasets and the just created Folder. But when I switch into one of the Dataset folders the following still works.
Code:
mkdir /mnt/media/Bilder/test
touch /mnt/media/Bilder/testfile
touch /mnt/media/Bilder/test/testfile2
ls /mnt/media/Bilder/

But the dir and file are not created in the Dataset.

ls /mnt/Speicher/media/Bilder lists nothing. (The Folder does not contain any thing jet, but it should have testfile and test dir).
If I ls /mnt/Speicher/NAS-Folger/jails/nextcloud/mnt/media/Bilder/ (the path to the /mnt from jail, on the NAS) it lists the testfile and test dir, while jails is runnin/dir mounted.
If the jail is stopped/the dir unmounted, I get the error that there exist no such file. Because there is only /mnt/Speicher/NAS/jails/nextcloud/mnt/media and nothing is mounted there.
After starting the jail again/mounting dir the Data are back. But as mentioned they are not in the /media/Bilder Dataset which is mounted to it.

I have recreated the mountpoint serveral times, quadruple chequed the permissions but I cant get this one running.

As Mentioned, Speicher/Downloads /Speicher/Software and /Speicher/media are shared via NFS and Samba, the other two Paths are working fine. From Jail, Samba and Console (havent tested NFS jet).
/Speicher/Software contains an other Dataset as well, but this works fine too.

I have read that shared folders are not supposed to mount into jail. I am willing to change this, but even mounting the Datasets contained in /Speicher/media directly into the jail does not work. Their content is not listed.

So is there any advice how I might mount my data into the jail and also share them via NFS and Samba?

One other strange thing witch happend, I accidently deleted the Dataset /Speicher/media/Bilder/ from inside the jail. It didn't hurt, because it was empty. But by my understanding this isn't supposed to happen.

The rights of all the mentioned Datasets are
owned by "verwalter" of group "fileshare"
verwalter is member my created groups "fileshare" and "user".
fileshare contains verwalter, an other user and "www" and "root".
I added root because I though with root beeing member I could list the files, but nope. But I can imagine that this hat something to do with the deletion of the Dataset.

So this all I can tell right now, any help would be apreciated.

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-10_18-14-52.png
    upload_2017-8-10_18-14-52.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 219
  • upload_2017-8-10_18-39-23.png
    upload_2017-8-10_18-39-23.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 210

fkuehne

Cadet
The behaviour still continues.

I worked around it by just mounting the subfolders of /Speicher/media in my jail. This works flawless

Status
Not open for further replies.