SOLVED Can't access CIFS Share...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elegant

Explorer
Hi, I'm trying to setup my first shares which I thought would be pretty simple. My FreeNAS server is part of my domain and can be seen on AD. What I've done is setup a simple CIFS for a dataset I created. Attached are some screenshots of the setup.

The issue is that I cannot browse any of my datasets. They all appear but I do not have access to ANY of them with ANY account on the domain (including Administrator) yet all of them have Full Control marked for Everyone in Computer Management. It just doesn't make sense to me how I can have Full Control to Everyone yet no one has any access.

Enabling "Allow Guest Access" does allow me to access the share if that counts for anything.

EDIT: Solution

Attachments

• Permissions.png
    Permissions.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 305
  • Settings 1.png
    Settings 1.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Settings 2.png
    Settings 2.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 299
  • Share.png
    Share.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 292
  • Error.png
    Error.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 291
  • Folders.png
    Folders.png
    68 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Enabling "Allow Guest Access" does allow me to access the share if that counts for anything.
It doesn't :D

Post a debug file "system" -> "advanced" -> "debug". Note this will include quite a bit of info. You can PM it to me if you are squeamish about posting it on the webz.

koifish59

Dabbler
I have this same problem. The folder can be seen on the network and can be selected, but it can't be opened because of insufficient permissions.

Let me know if you were able to resolve it, and what you did.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I have this same problem. The folder can be seen on the network and can be selected, but it can't be opened because of insufficient permissions.

Typically, you resolve this by correctly setting permissions. :D

Elegant

Explorer

I actually got the solution in another thread. A hidden folder being shared, which could only be seen using 'net use' in cmd, was preventing everything else from working. I have no idea how that folder got there but once I was told to check and cleared it, everything worked perfectly.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I actually got the solution in another thread.
We're glad you got it working!
Perhaps you could help others by editing your post and link the thread that you used to solve your issue.
Thanks!
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.