SOLVED Cannot install FreeNAS on HP ThinClient T610

Status
Not open for further replies.

matimoto

Cadet
Hello there! I am trying to install the FreeNAS on my HP ThinClient T610 (spec: https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-fl...10-g-t56n-1-65-ghz-monitor-none-series/specs/)

The FreeNAS instaler won't boot. Is it my hardware is compatible?

IMG_4703.jpg

wblock

Documentation Engineer
That system does not have enough memory. FreeNAS requires a minimum of 8GB of RAM.

matimoto

Cadet
That system does not have enough memory. FreeNAS requires a minimum of 8GB of RAM.
Yeap yeap, but on my Virtual Machine with 2GB RAM I've installed FreeNAS with no problems... So maybe it required min. 8GB for stable and fast work, but the installer should boot without problems with smaller RAM capacity.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Yeap yeap, but on my Virtual Machine with 2GB RAM I've installed FreeNAS with no problems... So maybe it required min. 8GB for stable and fast work, but the installer should boot without problems with smaller RAM capacity.
That doesn't matter. Your hardware is totally unsuitable to the purpose. The max possible memory is 4GB in that and the spec sheet doesn't say it can even have a hard drive attached.
In addition to that it uses the AMD G-T56N processor that isn't exactly compatible.
Look at the resources section of the Forum and review the hardware suggestions.
FreeNAS just doesn't work on everything. It actually has minimum standards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

tvsjr

Guru
Hint: "thin client". Whereas FreeNAS likes a thick server.

Allow me to be very blunt. This won't work. If you do manage to get it to install, it will in short order fall over dead, and you'll be lamenting your lost data. The system requirements exist for a reason... follow them or find another solution.

matimoto

Cadet
Ok then, so please close this topic. Thanks guys for your answers. Good day for you all!

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Ok then, so please close this topic. Thanks guys for your answers. Good day for you all!
You can mark it solved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.