Cannot Display Virtual Machine

godfather007

Dabbler
reloading and restarting my nginx services worked as well.

Smicro xeon v3 + 256GB, booted from mirrored ssd, upgraded from recently installed fish to fin.

tprelog

Patron
I did teamviewer session with an ix-systems team member over the weekend, they were able to resolve the issue on my NAS!

Another fix should be coming in 22.12.1

ApexProxy

Dabbler
I am having this issue as well now after updating to bluefin. I have tried restarting my NGINX services and also rebooting the whole server to no avail. Does anyone have anything not listed in here yet to try? Even a temporary workaround is good by me.

tprelog

Patron
Does anyone have anything not listed in here yet to try? Even a temporary workaround is good by me.

You can try manually patching your system

Basically, as root or using sudo

Code:
nano /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm/vm_display_info.py

Edit line 131 as shown below
- Change localhost to 127.0.0.1

Before
Code:
        return 'localhost:700'

After
Code:
        return '127.0.0.1:700'

It might be enough to restart the middleware without rebooting

Code:
systemctl restart middlewared

But try a full reboot if restarting middleware is not enough

Good Luck!

TinyWorkshop

Dabbler
None of the solutions worked for me, even more strange a VM imported from another machine works (an home assistant installation) I can connect via spice
but any other VM result in bad gateway or 503 service unavailable

TinyWorkshop

Dabbler
was the root user completely messed up (installed using the GUI option)
had to nuke the installation and the dataset (I was having also a lot of problems with the apps)

inman.turbo

Contributor
still ongoing. I have a sneaking suspicion it's because of the admin user instead of root. I've already run into several problems because of it. It's a nice thought but they haven't quite worked out all the kinks.

TinyWorkshop

Dabbler
still ongoing. I have a sneaking suspicion it's because of the admin user instead of root. I've already run into several problems because of it. It's a nice thought but they haven't quite worked out all the kinks.
yes I think the installation created an admin account called root :oops: and messed up all the permissions

Ashkaan

Dabbler
I've upgraded to 23.10.1, and I still can't access my VM displays. Any suggestions?