SOLVED Can NOT Create "pluginjail"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nello

Patron
When I Add a Jail in FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201501212031, there is no choice for "pluginjail" in the Type dropdown.

OctoberGroupNAS_-_FreeNAS-9_3-STABLE-201501212031-1.png

For details, please see: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...remote-hosts-via-nat.22873/page-4#post-172289

Some tutorials specify using the "pluginjail" Type; are Standard Jails okay to use instead?

Thank you.

- nello

nello

Patron

Yes, I read this before posting. I see that the "pluginjail" is no longer included as a Template option in 9.3.

Nevertheless, some tutorials, e.g., OpenVPN, refer to the "pluginjail" Type.

What I'm asking is how to follow these tutorials which refer to "pluginjail" Type; is it okay to just use the Standard Jail, or is something else required?

Thank you.

- nello

D

dlavigne

Depends which OS you want to use (is in the tutorial). If you want to use FreeBSD packages/ports, use the default template.

Chris230291

Patron
Hello. I have come across the same issue. I want to be able to manually install plugins inside a pluginjail. Is this not possible?
If I try to manually add a template I only see the options under "OS" for "FreeBSD" or "Linux".

Chris

D

dlavigne

Nope, plugins jails are gone. If you want to install plugins, use Plugins. If you want a FreeBSD jail, use the default template. If you want to use another OS, use the phpvirtualbox template.

D

dlavigne

Having so many types of jails caused confusion to a lot of users. We tried to simplify it so that those who just want push-button app installs use Plugins and those who want to fine-tune their app installs either use FreeBSD or install the OS that they are most comfortable with into a vbox jail.

Chris230291

Patron
Ok that makes sense. I think you should give people the option to add the template manually if they want to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.