Can not connect to CIFS from UNIX: mount error(13): Permission denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Adam-

Dabbler
Hi!

I've been using FreeNAS for a couple of months and everything is working flawlessly so far. Actually, I'm building 2nd machine. Today, however, I have noticed that one of my XenServer (quite old, to be honest) can not connect to FreeNAS. I have made an update recently from U1 to the current (FreeNAS-9.10.2-U4 (27ae72978)) version.

The error I get is
Code:
mount error(13): Permission denied

My command looks like this: mount -t cifs //<PATH1> /<PATH2> -o username=user,password=pass
I also tried to put the credentials into the credentials file - no change.

my username is the owner of the shares and before the update everything was working fine.

I've been solving the problem for a few days and no luck. Do you have any idea what may caused the problem?

-Adam-

Dabbler
Just FYI - full command, using -v option: mount.cifs kernel mount options: unc=//IP\PATH,ver=1,username=user,prefixpath=VMS,ip=IP,pass=********

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi!

I've been using FreeNAS for a couple of months and everything is working flawlessly so far. Actually, I'm building 2nd machine. Today, however, I have noticed that one of my XenServer (quite old, to be honest) can not connect to FreeNAS. I have made an update recently from U1 to the current (FreeNAS-9.10.2-U4 (27ae72978)) version.

The error I get is
Code:
mount error(13): Permission denied

My command looks like this: mount -t cifs //<PATH1> /<PATH2> -o username=user,password=pass
I also tried to put the credentials into the credentials file - no change.

my username is the owner of the shares and before the update everything was working fine.

I've been solving the problem for a few days and no luck. Do you have any idea what may caused the problem?
You may need to specify the SMB version. See Timeouts on SMB Share from Ubuntu

-Adam-

Dabbler

-Adam-

Dabbler
Unfortunately haven't solved the problem with CIFS, but changed protocol to NFS and now I'm able to connect and work. I think this may be a problem with SMB configuration on XenServer.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Unfortunately haven't solved the problem with CIFS, but changed protocol to NFS and now I'm able to connect and work. I think this may be a problem with SMB configuration on XenServer.

I think xenserver prior to version 7 is going to have problems access modern samba servers. The error you're seeing is probably during session negotiation. Xenserver is probably configured to use ntlm authentication (probably default in RHEL5). If you can manually modify the mount string, try "sec=ntlmssp" (if it's supported).

Status
Not open for further replies.