Can not access CIFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nino greasemanelli

I can not access my freenas server running FreeNAS-9.3 via windows 7. Every time I shut down the NAS I am unable to reconnect via windows. My Apple shares have no problem reconnecting. I have followed the manual and the only way I am able (not every time ,like now) to connect is to open another or open a new guest account. This time I am unable to access. I do get a windows error saying "logon failure" account currently disabled.

Nick2253

Wizard
In the future, please read and follow the forum rules (in red at the top). In particular, posting your particular details helps everyone to diagnose your problem, and get you to a solution faster.

I'm guessing that you can't access your CIFS shares, but you can access your AFP shares. However, please explain what you are trying to do when you can't access the shares. Can you access via the web interface? Can you confirm that your shares are still listed in FreeNAS? Since you say "every time", it sounds like you're recreating shares, and then they are disappearing on reboot. Is this the case?

Can you please review the forum rules and post any missing information, including your hardware configuration?

N

nino greasemanelli

Can I get a little help with this. Tell me the hoops I need to jump through first. I read the rules but there are too many. Why so many anyway?

Everytime I have to reboot I lose access to my NAS. I have to go through creating another Windows CIFS share and I don't know what I do to connect eventually but I do. I can always access through AFP shares on my mac no problem. Windoze does not see the NAS and that is the first problem, I guess I have to map it but win7 does not see it to be mapped. I need to configure the CIFS shares so that I don't lose access. For some reason when I had to reinstall Freenas on a thumb drive I lost my settings and now it is a major pain in the ass.

Here is a rule I don't understand, literally.
  • System Configuration Information: Items marked with an asterisk “*” are required for a failure postings. However, all items are recommended and could simply be part of your tag-line.
  • FreeNAS version FreeNAS 9.2.1.6-Release 64-bit

* Hardware:
    1. * Motherboard (Model) ASUS something ...don't know
    2. * CPU (Model) ???
    3. * RAM Size (in GB and model) 16gb model?
    4. Hard Drives (Model), Quantity, and RAIDZ configuration six 3tb Raid1
    5. Add-On cards none
    6. For network connectivity, include details on your network hardware/configuration. gb router

N

nino greasemanelli

After I gain access please suggest something easier to use with the same machine.

D

Deleted47050

I read the rules but there are too many. Why so many anyway?

For some reason when I had to reinstall Freenas on a thumb drive I lost my settings and now it is a major pain in the ass.

* Hardware:
  2. * CPU (Model) ???
  5. Add-On cards none
  6. For network connectivity, include details on your network hardware/configuration. gb router

He is obviously trolling.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Can I get a little help with this. Tell me the hoops I need to jump through first. I read the rules but there are too many. Why so many anyway?

Everytime I have to reboot I lose access to my NAS. I have to go through creating another Windows CIFS share and I don't know what I do to connect eventually but I do. I can always access through AFP shares on my mac no problem. Windoze does not see the NAS and that is the first problem, I guess I have to map it but win7 does not see it to be mapped. I need to configure the CIFS shares so that I don't lose access. For some reason when I had to reinstall Freenas on a thumb drive I lost my settings and now it is a major pain in the ass.

• System Configuration Information: Items marked with an asterisk “*” are required for a failure postings. However, all items are recommended and could simply be part of your tag-line.
  • FreeNAS version FreeNAS 9.2.1.6-Release 64-bit

* Hardware:
    2. * CPU (Model) ???
    5. Add-On cards none
If you can't abide by the rules of the forums, do not expect help.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If you can't abide by the rules of the forums, do not expect help.
Not exactly many of them, either. Just a very helpful guide for the clueless to gather at least some of the information we need, plus a couple of obvious rules.

N

nino greasemanelli

I have never participated in a forum that has more people laser focused on bashing people looking for help. If you put half the effort helping someone as you do into your rule enforcement I would be fixed and out of your way of guarding your forum because rule violation number 584 section 12 part 3 (CPU physical size and pin count). Really, what is the problem. I have been helped by a couple people here but for the most part you all need to lighten up.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I have never participated in a forum that has more people laser focused on bashing people looking for help. If you put half the effort helping someone as you do into your rule enforcement I would be fixed and out of your way of guarding your forum because rule violation number 584 section 12 part 3 (CPU physical size and pin count). Really, what is the problem. I have been helped by a couple people here but for the most part you all need to lighten up.
You think that we should just let people ignore the rules? What good would come of that? You wouldn't get your feelings hurt? People need information in order to help and if you think that being vague on any of your questions or responses is acceptable behavior, then you are in the wrong forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.