Can no longer access share via drive letter map once WebDAV working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudshark

Contributor
I wonder... Is what I'm seeing by design?

Have several working windows shares mapped to local drive letters. All read + write w/o error.
THEN I added a WebDAV service as as to share one of those mapped drives remotely, cloud-like!

Now:
1- The WebDAV share works perfectly via the web access path,
2- That mapped drive letter is read-only and
3- all other mapped drives work perfectly, just as as before

Thanks all,
RG

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You should not share a dataset via multiple services simultaneously.

The problem you're experiencing isn't by design, though it's unusual. Can you still access the CIFS shares using \\Server\Share in Windows Explorer?

S

Suraj Ravichandran

as Ericloewe asked....is the share that your accessing via webdav also shared as another share (via CIFS or something?).

When you share a dataset or a path via WebDAV it recursively sets that folder's permissions to be owned by the user "webdav" unless you untick that option in the share form that pops up when you initially try to share it.

The above is probably the reason why you cannot reach the share's contents from the drive mapping.

Please let me know if you need any more help with this.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
More importantly than that, if you are going to share the same files with multiple services, you risk corrupting the files. This is clearly explained in the manual to NOT do this. In fact, in FreeNAS 10 it will actually prevent you from doing this because of all of the problems it has caused.

mudshark

Contributor
The CIFS share of the same folder is no more. Issue solved!
Thanks for all your help and input.
R

Status
Not open for further replies.