C2750D4I IPMI Image Mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plato

Contributor
Hi,

I recently bought ASRock C2750D4I and plan to use it with 9x6TB disks ( RAIDZ1 ) and an SSD for jails etc.

As you know this board has IPMI interface and you could connect to the screen via KVM Java client.

There are also options to mount floppy/CD/HDD image from a NFS share location.

What I wanted to ask is, is it possible to mount FreeNas CD directly from NFS share ( without creating a USB or CD for it ), and also create a HDD image and install this mounted CD to this mounted HDD image and use it like this?.. I know most probably a local USB is better as HDD image, but mounting a setup or LiveCD from the IPMI could really help in the future. Do you know how it could be done?

I checked the documents and also online manual but they're no more than printed HTML pages. Actually I think the IPMI page have more information on Help link. But it's not enough. I tried everything with configuring NFS share and assigning CD image to the ISO file but it didn't work.

To give you an idea, my NFS share is on 192.168.1.212 and the share name is Public ( It is a WD Live device ). Also it has FreeNAS9.3.iso file in the root directory ( of the share ).

So I tried setting NFS as 192.168.1.212 and share name as Public
and set the CD image as FreeNAS9.3.iso
I click Start Redirection it says assigning or something for a second than it says stopped.

Could you help me out?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not really.
The mount only lasts as long as you keep the IPMI window open. Do you plan to keep that open 24x7? LOL.

Plato

Contributor
As I said while HDD mount is a good option, what I really wanted was mounting CD/LiveCD on it. I wanted to run memtest etc without preparing a USB key at least.

J

jkh

As I said while HDD mount is a good option, what I really wanted was mounting CD/LiveCD on it. I wanted to run memtest etc without preparing a USB key at least.
You can't do that, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.