BTSync WebUI can't be reached, "Service Status" resets to OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just setup my first FreeNAS box, in a Supermicro 6025B-T Superserver with four 3TB drives in raidz2. I've used BTSync on both windows and linux extensively before but it's my first time setting it up in FreeNAS.

I was following this simple guide :
http://blog.bittorrent.com/2014/02/...-freenas-with-bittorrent-sync-using-a-plugin/

I've installed the plugin, created a user with UID 817 and changed permissions to it in the dataset I want to sync files. I've also chowned the /media folder in the jail to make sure that UID has the correct permissions to it.

The storage I added to my btsync_1 jail is as follows :
Source = /mnt/tank/data (where most of my stuff is)
Destination = /media (inside the jail)

The jail is started. In fact I stopped & started, and rebooted multiple times in trying to get this to work. It's running on IP address 192.168.1.6, and I am able to ping the jail successfully. I disabled the VIMAGE checkbox, as my search revealed some users appeared to have trouble accessing the WebUI until they unchecked that. However it seems to have no effect for me.

When I navigate to the plugins tab and click on "Installed", the "Service Status" associated with BTSync is always OFF. I can set it to ON and it will appear to be working, but navigating to a different tab and returning here will show that it's OFF again. I am fairly certain that this is the problem here, but no amount of googling could tell me how to fix it. It does not autostart after a reboot, and fails to start when manually started.

Unsurprisingly, following the "here" link to the web UI or manually navigating to 192.168.1.6:8888 does not work.

Any ideas on how I can make that service run?

Thanks!

EDIT : Reinstalling the plugin from scratch yields the exact same result, the service still won't "stay" on.

Where can I find the BTS debug log in freenas? I looked into the jail's /var/log and found nothing... Could it be failing so hard that it can't even log it's own failure? The only thing in debug.log is this :

Code:
[root@freenas] /mnt/tank/jails/btsync_1/var/log# less debug.log
Sep  1 11:57:33 btsync_1 newsyslog[1230]: logfile first created
debug.log (END)

Last edited:
For some reason it's now working.

I spent three hours trying to get this up this weekend, got fed up and wrote that first post, and left it alone for two days.

It appears that waiting for two days has resolved the issue. I have not rebooted or done anything else in the meantime. It just started working by itself. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.