Bluefin looks pretty cool!

ArchatParks

Dabbler
FWIW...I downloaded a copy and installed it just to see where the future lies. I've not run any test data through it yet...just wanted to see what it looks like. I really like some of the new menus; especially the storage and datasets tabs.

The update button doesn't work (gives an error saying "TrueNAS was unable to reach update servers.") but I'm guessing that's to be expected at this stage of the game (and I filled a bug report).

Nice job and thank you to everyone working on the project!

Last edited:

ArchatParks

Dabbler
Also.....take this with a grain of salt. As an update to that last post, I just ran some quick tests against two other existing installs (TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3) and it seems faster when it is serving as an NFS host.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Also.....take this with a grain of salt. As an update to that last post, I just ran some quick tests against two other existing installs (TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3) and it seems faster when it is serving as an NFS host.

Bluefin will include both new features and performance enhancements that were too disruptive to go into Angelfish.
Its getting ready for BETA

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Morgan, when do we expect the production release, end of 2022 as stated into release train?

December is the target 22.12 for RELEASE.

We don't use the "production" word where possible because there's a huge difference between a small software business and a large Fortune 100 company. We refer people to the software status page:

NickF

Guru
December is the target 22.12 for RELEASE.

We don't use the "production" word where possible because there's a huge difference between a small software business and a large Fortune 100 company. We refer people to the software status page:
Glad to see this post :)