Bhyve without network after every reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimov-solensan

Contributor
Hello,

So far I'm just beginning with iohyve and managed to get a debian running with apache and a few tools.

Everything is working as expected but on every reboot this virtual machine loses connection, although everything is correctly configured.

I chekced with tcpdump and got traffic from the VM in the tap interface and the bridge interface, but not in the physical. Obvious test was o run an ifup ifdown for that interface and that did the trick, but still happens after rebooting.

I'm not trying anything special here and the only "exotic" thing on my setup is that I'm using a secondary interface for bhyve. Freenas and all plugins are on interface igb0 while I configured iohyve to use em0. Em0 have no configuration and is shown as active in the freenas interface.

But still need to reset the interface on any reboot, and is very annoying because I need a NFS partition and apache running on that machine, I must enable services by hand.

Any idea on how to solve this?

asimov-solensan

Contributor
Not but neither dug much.

The thing is that I began with freenas with many projects in mind. Owncloud, madsonic, openvpn, citadel, modsecurity, pfsense, suricata, you name it ...

Some of them in jails some others in virtual machines, some as a personal tool others to research tecnolgies I use at work.

Now with corral released I don't want to go any further. I think it's better to upgrade, port the things I have got already working and start clean with the new tools, docker and the new virtualization system (is still bhyve the hypervisor?).

What do you think?. Is a bit of pain because I have been only two months with freenas and upgrading to a major is something intimidating.

D

dlavigne

Personally, I would wait for 9.10.3 (due out in less than a month) as it has revamped byhve/iocage functionality which may resolve your issue. If you have a test system, you could try a nightly to see if it will fix it (so that you can create a bug report before release if it does not).

asimov-solensan

Contributor
Will wait then and report the result with 9.10.3.

Sadly cannot afford a test system. This is just a tool to use at home and can't waste so much time and money for the same reaso I won't be testing non relased software.

Still I'm aware that this is open source project and would like to help in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.