Best feedback channel?

FosCo

Dabbler
Hi, as I'm still fiddling with some hardware optimization I could not resist anymore to test the SCALE project instead of the stable CORE system. Partly because of the hassle bringing up Resilio Sync without a supported plugin (I *love* licensing issues) and want to do it with docker instead.
Everything was running fine on CORE and still is (again) on SCALE so far. Have to admit, that not much has been set up yet.

Which feedback channel do you prefer?
For now I got 2 (really) small suggestions:
  • The login form is disappearing for a moment and coming back seconds later, this did not happen on CORE 12-RC1.
  • Second suggestion is about the new menu structure. It's a little bit cleaner, probably difficult for loyal users, but nice for new users.
    Only suggestion is, to keep some kind of "breadcrumb" for the submenu. Each click within the same submenu needs another clicks to open up the same category again you are already in.
Just playing for now, I hope it is not too irrelevant.

Best Regards,
Jonas

FosCo

Dabbler
Additional feedback:
The Supermicro A2SDI-TF-H comes with 2 10Gbit NICS. They performed with 9.81Gbit/s, tested today from a Win10 System with an Intel X540-T1 Card and TrueNAS Core. The setting was iperf3 with -P4 set on Win10 side.
Tested the same setting on TrueNAS SCALE, the Performance is max 5.14Gbits/s.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Really, that much slower? That's surprising, since it's a pretty straightforward test not really affected by anything on the TrueNAS side of things, just the OS/driver.

FosCo

Dabbler
Apparently my Win10 config does not like the adapter and reconfigures it on every reboot. I'm still getting 9.47Gbit/s if the Win10 is used as a server, but only 5.xxGbit/s the other way round, so no issue on TrueNAS side - different problem on Windows side.

Regarding the UI: The submenu is quite unusable on mobile screens, as the main menu is overlaying the submenu. an additional "touch" is required, to bring the submenu into the foreground. I know these are small glitches with low priority, just trying to help there :)

FosCo

Dabbler
ok, dug a little bit deeper and did the same testing as yesterday with CORE - the 5Gbit/s Win10 -> TrueNAS Scale stays the same, while the other direction uses 9,5Gbit/s.

While searching for some hints, I stumbled across a different post, which describes Kernel specific problems accessing from Linux Mint to TrueNAS Core: https://www.ixsystems.com/community...ance-issue-in-one-direction.85552/post-606490

Did anybody run an iperf3 test on a TrueNAS Scale Box with 10Gbit NIC yet?

My configuration:
FreeNAS Scale: Supermicro A2SDi-H-TF with a Intel X557-AT2 Base-T PHY
Windows 10: Intel X540-T1 on a MSI X99 SLI Plus with Core i7 5820K (checked the self-iperf3, which ran above 17Gbit/s)

Edit: Reverted back to TrueNAS Core 12-RC1 - Speed is solid 9,47Gbit/s in both directions without any change on the Windows machine.

Last edited: