Best backup solution for me? (based on these needs...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladTepes

Patron
I am hoping if I tell you what I am looking for in a local backup solution, someone will be able to recommend one to me.

FREE

I would like to be able to
- back up my windows 10 system install so if it crashes or SSD fails I can copy it backl onto a new drive. (a full image of the approx 200GB info on the SSD if that's needed?
- have various directories from my windows f: drive HDD to the FreeNAS server, but only any changes, not overwriting.
(e.g. As I copy more music from CD into my f: music folder.. that should be copied over to my media/music folder on FreeNAS)
- also back up an install (and perhaps some data) from a Linux machine in the same way.

So I suppose I'd need to have a server running on FreeNAS and client on the various systems to be backed up. THe wish to be bale to link in the Linux system kills a lot of options which are "windows only".

So.. is URBACKUP the answer, or is there a better / another option?
Is URBACKUP easy to use and configure?

VladTepes

Patron
Awesome thanks ! Even better I looked at their site and they have a version for Linux as well !

Any tips for setup with FreeNAS - do you basically just tell it to backup to whatever location you have set up as a share?

Magnetz

Dabbler
Some tools I use:
macrium reflect (free only does differential not incremental images)

for copying media:
syncback
freefilesync
syncthing

Stux

MVP
This ^^

Hasn't failed me yet. I've also performed a bare metal restore with it and works perfectly.

Yep. Another vote for Veeam. Now if only they'd stop calling me to try to upsell.

Status
Not open for further replies.