Backup from Synology DSM Hyper Backup (rsync) to FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

artis1sysop

Dabbler
I've had many months of reliable backups from a Synology DSM using Synology Hyper Backup (rsync) to a FreeNAS server.

Just yesterday, the backups started failing. The message from Hyper Backup, "Destination (the FreeNAS server) is busy".

Synology Hyper Backup creates a repository in a FreeNAS dataset, like MyFreeNAS/BackupFiles/BackupFiles/SynoNAS/mybackup.hbk/

To test, I created a new Hyper Backup job with the exact same settings as the existing failed job, but with a new repository and it worked fine. So that tells me that the Synology DSM is fine, FreeNAS is fine, rsync is fine, but there's something wrong with the old existing repository in /mybackup.hbk/ on the FreeNAS. I suspect that there are locked files or files in use. How can I check or fix this?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It would be a Synology problem, since FreeNAS wouldn't be touching it at the filesystem level.

artis1sysop

Dabbler
If Synology locked the file or chmod the properties to read-only on the file(s) or folder(s) on FreeNAS, and never changed them back, then is there a way to see which files/folders are locked or set to read-only in FreeNAS?

The reason I suspect something like this is because the Synology DSM was rebooted last night in the middle of a backup to FreeNAS. Worst case scenario is that the repository got corrupted. But I'm hoping to first see if it's just some files in FreeNAS that were set to read-only or locked.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.