automated SSL export

hayman

Cadet
I'm successfully using Acme.sh (from the ACME DNS-Authenticators secion of the GUI) to issue and renew the certificate for my TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2
There are several apps and a one custom jail created with jailmaker - https://github.com/Jip-Hop/jailmaker (all listening on different ports)

Is it possible to automate the export of the certificate created by Acme.sh so it can be used it for the apps and custom jail?
I cannot find where the certificates are stored and the only way to get them seems to the via the "download" option in the GUI

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
No, TrueNAS does not support using the system cert for anything other than the system. TrueCharts used to have an option to use the system cert for its apps, but they've recently removed that. However, the cert and key are saved in the filesystem in /etc/certificates/--I imagine you could script something to check for changes there (or just to run daily) and then do whatever you wanted with them.

hayman

Cadet
No, TrueNAS does not support using the system cert for anything other than the system. TrueCharts used to have an option to use the system cert for its apps, but they've recently removed that. However, the cert and key are saved in the filesystem in /etc/certificates/--I imagine you could script something to check for changes there (or just to run daily) and then do whatever you wanted with them.
Thanks, that's exactly was I looking for. I assumed that the cert files would be called after the domain name, not after the "Identifier" name, so they did not show up with 'find'