Auto import zpool on another Freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

i've two Freenas servers (Freenas1 and Freenas2) with 9.2.1.5 connected on a disk array (IBM DS3300 with 12TB).

I've created a zpool on Freenas1 and if i want to detach zpool on Freenas1, it works but if i want to auto import this zpool on Freenas2, it doesn't work on GUI, i can't see this zpool ...

Do you know if it's possible by GUI ?

Thanks guys

Thomas

D

dlavigne

Did you export the pool first? From http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Volumes#Viewing_Volumes:

1. Detach Volume: allows you to either detach a disk before removing it from the system (also known as a ZFS export) or to delete the contents of the volume, depending upon the choice you make in the screen that pops up when you click this button. The pop-up message, seen in Figure 6.3m, will show the current used space, provide the check box "Mark the disks as new (destroy data)", prompt you to make sure that you really want to do this, warn if the volume has any associated shares and ask if you wish to delete them, and the browser will turn red to alert you that continuing with this action will make data inaccessible. If you do not check the box to mark the disk as new, the volume will be exported (ZFS volumes only). This means that the data is not destroyed and the volume can be re-imported at a later time. If you will be moving a ZFS formatted drive from one system to another, perform this export action first. This operation flushes any unwritten data to disk, writes data to the disk indicating that the export was done, and removes all knowledge of the pool from the system.

D

dlavigne

Good :smile: Post the output of zpool status. Also, post the versions of FreeNAS running on the two systems.

Version : 9.2.1.5
Before detach zpool, the zpool status is :

[root@freenas1] ~# zpool status
pool: INTERNE
state: ONLINE
scan: none requested
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
INTERNE ONLINE 0 0 0
gptid/f94e3f97-1377-11e4-b983-001d090146b9 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: No known data errors

pool: ZFS-FREENAS
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h1m with 0 errors on Tue Aug 5 10:02:47 2014
config:

ZFS-FREENAS ONLINE 0 0 0
gptid/67c2080a-1377-11e4-b983-001d090146b9 ONLINE 0 0 0

PS : the pool i want to export is ZFS-FREENAS

D

dlavigne

And what is zpool status on the system that doesn't see it?

[root@freenas2] ~# zpool status
pool: LOCAL-FREENAS2
scan: none requested
config:

LOCAL-FREENAS2 ONLINE 0 0 0
gptid/4875bde9-1385-11e4-8d2d-00242107a946 ONLINE 0 0 0

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What does "zpool import" say?