Auth woe that shouldn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtom10

Explorer
Just upgraded to FreeNAS-9.10.2 (a476f16) for like a month now, using the official build. I just noticed I can't auth to my samba shares anymore. I have three shares out of which one is guest, that works ok but the rest do not accept any auth from my Win10 computer that used to work before. Is it some new retarded feature not mentioned in the changelog that breaks typical features? I'm just trying to figure out why is samba auth so difficult for you guys. I want to pay you so you can get things straight but it's difficult for me. Should I expect things that worked before be broken in a new release? Because I won't effing upgrade anymore.

dtom10

Explorer
I have fixed this temporarily by making the shares accessible to guest. This is not acceptable in my configuration. Can I have an official reply?

dtom10

Explorer
I have rebooted my computer and no luck. I was able to access the auth shares just fine with the fresh install of Win10. After the upgrade to 9.10.2 things seem to have went to the south side. There were no changes on the side of my desktop and no changes on the FreeNAS side. Samba access stopped working when I tried for the first time after the upgrade to access password protected shares. Are we changing things for the sake of changing them?

Still no proper answer from support. Can I get someone to tell me i'm stupid over here?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What format are you using for the credentials, specifically the username? Samba may have gotten pickier about that.

dtom10

Explorer
Disregard this, apparently it works now. Rebooted FreeNAS. Maybe something got screwed up after the upgrade. I did reset the samba service, reset credentials, to no avail. Rebooted desktop, nope. Windows was complaining about not having access to the share upon entering credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.