ATA Status error, Error: 40 (UNC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heinz lindemann

Dabbler
Hi all,

since yesterday evening German time I am facing trouble with my 9.1. I am receiving an alert, the "single install" sata 1tb hd on the motherboard (the 2 1tb sata on pci raid controller are working troublefree) cannot be mounted (=not seen as share in w7). During reboot you get the above error (see title)
I brought the nas from cellar to upstairs, put the hd out, attached to crystaldiskinfo under w7: status is "caution", "yellow" and some other messages.

"By accident" it rebooted five minutes ago, share is available and I am currently pulling and pulling and pulling the data away, and sending prayers....

My gutt feeling is: A new hd is required...
Currently 30 gb data left...

But for the LIKELYcase of stopping data transfer (here comes the question) is there a seperated program available for reading out the hd (if not recognized by freenas) as an external drive?

Please help..

Regards, hl

heinz lindemann

Dabbler
Hi all,
this is just to let you know that "by chance" the system could be re-booted although the error message is still there! I pulled all the data out and I am safe now. But as a result on the posting: No results...

However, the Hitachi HDD tool says HDD is ok = green, Crystal Disk Info says Caution = yellow.....
So, I still use the HDD in another system for "less important" things. Wait and see how long it lasts...

Regards, hl

Status
Not open for further replies.