Lowrider

Cadet
Hi, I've just bought this board and I've had problem with it. It kept halting at "System initializing..." and I even coudl't get to bios. The board did not respond to nothing no beepcodes no keyboard shortcuts I even tried to leave just the vga cable connected but nothing, swapped harddrives, swapped sata ports, swapped ram to other slot, cleared CMOS and even changed baterry. After couple restarts the board did not even output any vga signal and the CPU cooler was not getting hot.

Before I bought the board I've checket the cpu is supported Xeon E3-1230 v3.

So I've returned the board but now I'm stuck with a CPU and RAM that I can't test because I don't have any other 1150 board.

Did anyone else had this experience ?

Do you think the CPU is dead ?

Phe0nix

Explorer
I’ve done a search on this same issue and it lead me to your post . I have a E3C224D4I-14S and I’ve tried different ( crucial) ram that was tested and guaranteed to work with this board and it didn’t fix it.
I pulled 1 of my 2 ram sticks out and moved it though all 4 slots and repeated the same with the other stick to no avail.
I pulled the CMOS and checked the voltage and it was 3.003 V but replaced it anyway. I’ve cleared
The CMOS and replaced the battery.
I tried the PSU in another computer and even bought a new PSU and that didn’t make any difference. I’ve tried disabling ECC support.
I also have a Xeon but mine is 1231 V3 and its
Listed by Asrock as supported. I’ve contacted William at Asrock and he’s at a loss . The system
Has done this off and on for 7 years and now does
It constantly. I’ve found the cpu fan slows down after 7
Seconds of it hanging at the system initializing message. If I remove power and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and wait 20 minutes it will boot normally until the first restart and then it’s the same all over again. This issue
Is posted here for my same model board and replacing the ram with unbuffered ram solved
The problem for the poster. Didn’t help me.

Did you even solve this issue?