ASRock C2550D4I not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

okaenrique

Dabbler
Hello!

after 15 month in production

server NO POST, NO VGA OUTPUT , just IPMI working and cant start my server , i change the RAM and Powersuplay but still same problem .

if i change my motherboard , will i lose all data ??? can i fix this problem ?

br

Oka
nnpq9t.png

25gcnci.jpg

2qipjbq.jpg

2ekngn8.png

nojohnny101

Wizard
I suspect the well documented problem of the BMC being toasted.

Do a search for you motherboard model on these forums and all will be clear.

Once you send in your board for an RMA, the replacement they send you should not have the same issue if the firmware is up to date. In addition the latest builds of FreeNAS (9.10.x) disable the watchdog process so it doesn't prematurely burn out the BMC so technically you should not have this problem again.

Follow these easy steps:
- make sure you have a recent backup of your config file
- when you get your replacement board, just plug your drives in
- install FreeNAS fresh
- upload config file

You should be good to go.

okaenrique

Dabbler
I suspect the well documented problem of the BMC being toasted.

Do a search for you motherboard model on these forums and all will be clear.

Once you send in your board for an RMA, the replacement they send you should not have the same issue if the firmware is up to date. In addition the latest builds of FreeNAS (9.10.x) disable the watchdog process so it doesn't prematurely burn out the BMC so technically you should not have this problem again.

Follow these easy steps:
- make sure you have a recent backup of your config file
- when you get your replacement board, just plug your drives in
- install FreeNAS fresh
- upload config file

You should be good to go.

my config on USB , and i boot from usb , so why should install fresh freenas ? and what about all my data on hardddisk (raid 5 ) ?

nojohnny101

Wizard
I believe you can also just plug everything back in and it will work although you might need to change some boot order/setting in the bios of the new board.

all your data on your hard disk, as long as it wasn't having problems before your board died, is still there.

okaenrique

Dabbler
I believe you can also just plug everything back in and it will work although you might need to change some boot order/setting in the bios of the new board.

all your data on your hard disk, as long as it wasn't having problems before your board died, is still there.

Thanks , i will buy new motherboard (ASUS) , should i need reinstall freenas ? or just boot from usb ?

nojohnny101

Wizard
You might not need to buy a new motherboard. I would advise you to request and RMA from ASRock. There is a good chance they will send you a replacement board for free. If you want to just buy a new board that is fine.

You can try to boot from your usb, if that doesn't work, fresh install and upload your config.

okaenrique

Dabbler
You might not need to buy a new motherboard. I would advise you to request and RMA from ASRock. There is a good chance they will send you a replacement board for free. If you want to just buy a new board that is fine.

You can try to boot from your usb, if that doesn't work, fresh install and upload your config.

my motherboard from 2015-07-20 , so i dont have guarantee :(

nojohnny101

Wizard
If you would have searched on the forums like I had mentioned multiple times now, you would have discovered that others have had boards that were out of warranty but ASRock replaced them anyways. Through a search on here, you would also find the best person to contact at ASRock about this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.