Asigra won't install TrueNAS 13.0 Release

axsdenied

Cadet
Decided to give TrueNAS a run. Running the latest 13.0 stable release and attempted to install the supported Asigra backup plugin and I was greeted with the following error:

Error: 12.3-RELEASE was not found!

12.3 Release of course is not found as the latest is 13.0. Is this plugin still supported? Or is there guidance to go another direction?

McLuvn

Cadet
I am running TrueNAS-13.0-U5.3 and having the same issue trying to get Homebridge. I have installed and set up 3 other plugins, core and community, just fine.

zippy1

Dabbler
I have the same issue While using `TrueNAS-13.0-U5.3` - I have tried to install Homebridge, Jenkins, MineOS and all of them get to 20% then say "Error: 12.3-RELEASE was not found!"

Oddly Jenkins LTS does install?

danb35

Hall of Famer
The general rule is to not use plugins--they're a dead feature walking. See:
and

In the case of Asigra, I'm not sure what that means, as I don't see it available for SCALE, nor do I see a decent way to manually install it in a jail. But the advice remains to avoid plugins like the plague.

zippy1

Dabbler
The general rule is to not use plugins--they're a dead feature walking. See:
and

In the case of Asigra, I'm not sure what that means, as I don't see it available for SCALE, nor do I see a decent way to manually install it in a jail. But the advice remains to avoid plugins like the plague.
Thanks @danb35 I will take a look at the links provided.
I don't use Asigra this was just the most relevant discussion.