App service not starting, "Unable to lookup configured interfaces"

jagdtigger

Explorer
Hello all!

Just upgraded last night and seemed to worked out just fine. Until i logged in today, when i logged in the UI was acting strange but a cache wipe solved it. The main issue is the kubernetes cluster refusing to start, the exact error is:
"Failed to configure kubernetes cluster for Applications: Unable to lookup configured interfaces: br200"

From middleware log:

[2023/12/28 14:28:07] (ERROR) asyncio.default_exception_handler():1771 - Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-5158' coro=<Middleware.call() done, defined at /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py:1390> exception=CallError('Unable to lookup configured interfaces: br200')>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1399, in call
return await self._call(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1342, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/lifecycle.py", line 390, in start_service
await self.before_start_check()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/lifecycle.py", line 401, in before_start_check
await self.middleware.call('kubernetes.validate_k8s_fs_setup')
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1399, in call
return await self._call(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1342, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/lifecycle.py", line 243, in validate_k8s_fs_setup
raise CallError(f'Unable to lookup configured interfaces: {", ".join([v[1] for v in iface_errors])}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Unable to lookup configured interfaces: br200

Havent touched any metwork related settings since i reinstalled quite a few months ago when i upgraded from core so i do not know what caused this.....

crownrai

Dabbler
Apparently 23.10.1 introduced some issues with Bridge interfaces and Apps (i.e. Kubernetes). I don't know all the details, but the current Quick Fix workaround is to do the following:

Got to Apps/Settings/Advanced Settings and de-select "Enable GPU Support" and Save. This will cause Kubernetes to restart successfully. Then Re-select "Enable GPU Support" and Kubernetes will restart again with GPU support enabled.

jagdtigger

Explorer
Thanks, that did the trick. So now the workaround needs an another workaround to work (me using a bridge to begin with is also a workaround so VMs can talk to the host)...