Anyone successfully install Calibre-web? The plugin had issues.

thepixelgeek

Patron
I did manage to get calibre server working via danb35 thread. However, I would rather use Calibre-web. I tried installing it via plugin but I get a db error on the gui after trying to link a path.

Last edited:

thepixelgeek

Patron
I get "DB location not Valid"

1592846378887.png

Carbon658

Cadet
I am having the same issue. I created a user "calibreweb" with ID 488. But still no luck. It has to be some sort of file permissions issue.

thepixelgeek

Patron
Both root and calibreweb are users by default. I've added other users and groups, but still no love.

I've updated the config file to include "_library="media/Books"....no love either, even though my db file and books are in that location.

I even changed the local host from 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0...was a long shot...no love either.

I still get same DB error above.

-----

Mountpoint:
/mnt/Files/Data/Books
/mnt/Media/iocage/jails/calibre-web/root/media/Books

mnemonic

Dabbler
Same here. I hoped to get away from my ubuntu VM running calibre-web and then connecting to to freenas storage via smb which is all in all a stupid workaround. I also wonder why the Basic configuration screen looks different than on my unbuntu VM. Is there somewhere a github page or something for this plugin? Tried hard but could not find anything anywhere.

NanoDrive

Cadet
I'm unable to install the community plugin, I get this error. Nobody else seems to be having similar issues?

Error: calibre-web had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - calibre :,unrar : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

FosCo

Dabbler
It's 2023 and I still got the same problem:

1. Install Calibre-web on Truenas core 13.0-U4
  2. Click "Manage" under the plugin
  3. Log in using the credential given in the installation note
  4. Try to configure a library and got the "DB location not valid" error

Worse, if I mount a directory into the jail's /mnt, I would loss access to Calibre-web's interface, and this is irreversible, even if I unmount the directory, I still loss access to Calibre-web. (the directory has Full control permission to UID:488)