Any issues with LAGG and Broadcomm NICs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZFS Noob

Contributor
My server has rebooted unexpectedly while diagnosing another issue, and some time with google has suggested that in FreeNAS 8.x there were some kernel issues with non-Intel NICs.

My test server has the Four embedded Broadcom® NetXtreme® II 5709c Gigabit Ethernet NIC configured as LAGG (and appropriately supported on both switches - verified at serial console). Is this likely to be contributing to my issue, or is something I can ignore for now?

Anyone else with a Dell R710 (or other Dell server that uses Broadcomm ports) have any issues, or is it mostly all good?

Thanks.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Hmm.. not sure as not many use broadcom. Usually they work fine. Intel's are the rock solid choice though.

ZFS Noob

Contributor
Fair enough.

When I first installed this thing I had a 192.168 address on eth0, then I moved it to the datacenter and set up LAGG and assigned a 10. address to it. It was slow as molasses. Then I removed the 192.168 address and things picked right back up again. So I'm aware of LAGG issues as I diagnose.

I'll keep looking. I'm assuming I have to have an alias on a LAGG as I can't figure out how to remove it. That could also be part of my problem, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.