Amd c60

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanders

Cadet
I'm a FreeNAS n00b and I built a very similar system as my (first) FreeNAS system, to wit:

Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
PSU: Corsair CX 430M (I don't know if the modular is such a great setup, since I'm using 3 of the 4 mod cables)
Motherboard: Asus C60M1-I
DDR: 2 x 4GB 1333MHz PC-10666 SIMMs (Patriot Sector 5 PGV38G1333ELK)
HDD: 5 x Samsung HD204UI F4 drives (vintage and genuine and definitely not Seagate) in a RAID-Z1
USB PCI-E Adapter: SYBA USB 3.0 PCI-e x1 2.0 (Renesas chip, for those USB3 ports in the Fractal case)
USB Stick: random 2 GB
Software: FreeNAS 8.3.0p1

Note that these hard drives are the ones that have both bad and good firmware, which unfortunately reports as the same version! I made sure that I patched the drives, but certain programs (e.g. smartctl(8)) still annoy me with a warning.

The system went together like a dream, and I was measuring about 400 Mbit/sec on a 1Gbit Ethernet as I was transferring files (using the CIFS server, no less). In 18 hours or so, using both network and a USB hard drive (NTFS) I tranferred over 2.7 TiBs to the NAS. It runs silently in my office.

So, why am I posting my first post to the FreeNAS forum? Simple - the AMD C60 cpu doesn't seem to be fully supported by sysctl(8). In particular, I cannot seem to get the CPU temps using sysctl. Now, I assume such a temperature sensor exists, since which I bother to boot the C60M1-I with a monitor into the BIOS, I get all kinds of sensor info.

So, does anyone who is non-n00bish know, is the AMD C60 supported by sysctl? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

wanders

FOLLOWUP - It looks like there are issues with the "amdtemp" kernel module in FreeBSD. If it ever gets fixed, I may be able to use the in-core temp sensors in the C60.

Status
Not open for further replies.