Alert for volumes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maurertodd

Dabbler
Release 9.2-1

i have two volumes on my NAS. Both are ZFS mounted. One is two mirror sets striped together. The other was a mirror set that is now degraded to one disk. The traffic light icon is green. If I click on it only the four disk volume shows up and of course it is listed as healthy. The degraded mirror set is not represented in the pop-up window at all.

Todd

joeschmuck

Old Man
How long has the volume been degraded? Sometimes it takes a while for the system to put up the alert, although it could be a minor programming error.

maurertodd

Dabbler
Actually it was imported as degraded. So for a couple of days now. The point really isn't that the traffic light is still green, it is that the second volume isn't listed at all.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Submit a bug report to see if this can be fixed.

maurertodd

Dabbler
I can't win lately. I start here because it could be my error and I end up submitting a bug. Then on a new topic I submit a bug and it ends up being my error and I should have started here. I start this thread here, because it might be my misconfiguration and end up submitting a bug. Not complaining I'm laughing at my own failing.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I don't see how this problem could be your error at all. There is nothing I can think of that you could do to influence this type of behavior but I'm glad you're laughing at yourself. The real question will be if the developers can replicate the problem. Please ensure you place as much detail into the bug report as you can like your system hardware and toss in the zpool status as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.