Alert e-mail customization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,
is there a way to customize the e-mail alert messages?

I'm a system administrator, and I installed many freenas servers in the territory.
What I need is a way to customize the subject or the text of the alert messages, adding some kind of identifier.

For example the subject could start with: "Company xxx Frenas..." alowing me to identtify which unit sent the alert.

Otherwise the only way to customize the e-mail message is to change the server name, which is not always an option.

Moreover the customization should be immune by freenas updates, otherwise the maintenance of several freenas units could become a nightmare...

Thank you

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
It would be simpler to use a different email address for each server.

Yes, it could be a solution, a little intricate sometimes, but it would work!

Nevertheless it could be a good feature request to have the chance to modify the subject of the e-mail alert from the GUI.

Thank you for the help

Bidule0hm

Of course you forward automatically the mails from each address to one address for convenience ;)

Yep, you can always add a feature request ticket if it doesn't already exist.

I'm not sure if you use GMail or not, but this may be helpful. You wouldn't have to create a lot of email accounts, just setup filtering and throw them in different folders. This also allows you to setup different sounds for each folder in the Android Gmail app.

Bidule0hm

I learnt something, thanks for the tip ;)

I'm not sure if you use GMail or not, but this may be helpful. You wouldn't have to create a lot of email accounts, just setup filtering and throw them in different folders. This also allows you to setup different sounds for each folder in the Android Gmail app.

OOOooohh that's very useful, and it's very flexible too.

This is "de facto" all I need!

Thank you

Daniele

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I believe something along these lines is planned for FreeNAS 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.