Ajaxplorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scareh

Contributor
Hiya all,

i'm currently looking into installing ajaxplorer on my Freenas test system.

the steps i found elsewhere where the following:
1. Install the plugins jail => done
2. Install Apache in the jail => done (up and running)
3. Configure apache => not sure what i need to configure but if I surf to my jail IP i get the famous 'it works!'
this is where it gets confusing:
4. Download AjaXplorer
5. Configure AjaXplorer

If i look at the site (link) i'm totally confused on what to download...
I looked around almost everywhere for something to help me out with this issue but to no avail...

some questions:

1) the ajaxplorer site claims its a php-based tool, do I need to install php aswell in my jail?
2) which download do i take? (possible downloads: link) And more importantly where do i place it? I presume the ajaxplorer-installer needs to be inside my jail and then have a mount point to get on the actual disks... But the exact location is where i'm at a loss

I saw some people experimenting with it allready on their installations, but never really explaining on how they did it...
I'm hoping they'll help me out now so future people wanting this can get a look at it

thanks allready

ps: keep in mind i'm a total noob on freebsd/linux stuff, i try to get along but explain stuff like explaining for a 10-year old pretty plz :cool:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hiya all,

i'm currently looking into installing ajaxplorer on my Freenas test system.

the steps i found elsewhere where the following:
1. Install the plugins jail => done
2. Install Apache in the jail => done (up and running)
3. Configure apache => not sure what i need to configure but if I surf to my jail IP i get the famous 'it works!'
this is where it gets confusing:
4. Download AjaXplorer
5. Configure AjaXplorer

If i look at the site (link) i'm totally confused on what to download...
I looked around almost everywhere for something to help me out with this issue but to no avail...

some questions:

1) the ajaxplorer site claims its a php-based tool, do I need to install php aswell in my jail?
2) which download do i take? (possible downloads: link) And more importantly where do i place it? I presume the ajaxplorer-installer needs to be inside my jail and then have a mount point to get on the actual disks... But the exact location is where i'm at a loss

I saw some people experimenting with it allready on their installations, but never really explaining on how they did it...
I'm hoping they'll help me out now so future people wanting this can get a look at it

thanks allready

ps: keep in mind i'm a total noob on freebsd/linux stuff, i try to get along but explain stuff like explaining for a 10-year old pretty plz :cool:

http://forums.freenas.org/showthrea...nstall-and-Setup&p=48979&viewfull=1#post48979

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Status
Not open for further replies.