AFP problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndon Drake

Cadet
I have a couple of problems with my FreeNAS server, one of which dates from upgrading to 9.2.1.6 (from a much earlier version but I can't remember which one) and one of which has resulted from upgrading to 9.2.1.7.

My FreeNAS box is an HP Microserver, with the main client a Mac Mini. The Microserver and the Mac Mini are both connected directly to a gigabit switch.

The first is that read throughput on AFP is terrible — so slow that iTunes cannot stream a video fast enough to keep playing, often pausing the video for 10s of seconds while it reads.

The second problem is that since upgrading to 9.2.1.7, my TimeMachine share has stopped working for one of the other clients running Yosemite, which says that the AFP features needed for TimeMachine backup are not supported.

Any suggestions?

D

dlavigne

The second problem is that since upgrading to 9.2.1.7, my TimeMachine share has stopped working for one of the other clients running Yosemite, which says that the AFP features needed for TimeMachine backup are not supported.

Please paste the exact error for this one. Also, anything related in /var/log/messages on the FreeNAS side when you get that error on the Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.