AFP Internal Error Signal 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

njkreger

Cadet
Hi, I recently upgraded to 9.2.1.3 and now I can't connect via AFP. Whenever a user/workstation tries to connect, the console starts to output the following:

ePIlyoR.png

I'm a FreeNAS noob and not quite sure how to troubleshoot this and fix it. I've been Googling and haven't found anything relevant that works. Please help!

D

dlavigne

Signal 11 is usually indicative of a hardware issue, typically bad RAM. Have you done a memtest?

njkreger

Cadet
I ran memtest tonight and it came out clean.

I have AFP shut off right now since it is completely unusable. SMB seems to be working fine, actually better, for both Windows and Mac, so I don't mind only using SMB. However, I'd still like to know why AFP crapped out.

Bert Koot

Cadet
Same problem here. No hardware problem but Signal 11 with afp_disconnect. I upgraded to 9.2.1.3 also so there must be a link ... Also noticed that SMB is much faster!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
From what I've read the appletalk service FreeBSD uses is mostly a hackjob to get things done. What's interesting is that lots of people complain about problems with SMB on Macs or AFP period. But non-Macs are typically fine with SMB and nobody use AFP on non-Apple devices for obvious reasons.

Anyway, there aren't really any experienced pros that use Macs around here, and the few that do said they set it up and it worked just fine without any problems. So I'm not sure where to point you for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.