SOLVED Advice needed for an eBay transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChriZ

Patron
Hi guys!
Some friendly advice needed..
My son started complaining that the PS3 controller was acting up and needed a new one.
So, long story short, a controller I ordered on the 29th of March and was dispatched on the 1st of April, hadn't arrived until the 3d of May. It had no tracking, so I sent the seller a message asking if they know what has happened.
They did not respond. So, for the first time ever, yesterday, I decided to use eBay's resolution centre. I sent a message through the centre, requesting the item (not a refund)
From what I read in the resolution centre, if the seller does not respond after 8 calendar days, I can escalate the case and, I suppose get my money back...
However, a few hours ago, I got a message from eBay with the following
The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to resolve this issue.
s.gif

Seller's message:
'Hey, We was in weekend. We can now to send you the item. It's ok from you? Thanks!'

If you're satisfied with this solution, please let the seller know by sending a message in the Resolution Center. If you don't want to accept this offer, we encourage you to contact the seller and offer a solution that you'd be happy with.
I thought about replying and tell them to sent it ( I suppose they mean to send another one, I can't believe they haven't sent a controller at all).
But, I also read that after 60 days from the initial purchase date you cannot request for a refund. So if they send another one, in 15 days the 60day window closes and I won't be able to do much, while they can still claim that the item is on its way and needs more time ( they claim 15-27 business days for arrival)
I also thought about replying and telling them to sent it but with tracking info this time (on their own expense ofc)
What would you advise, guys?
For starters, can you confirm there is a 60day limit? Or, even if there is indeed such a limit, due to the fact that the second dispatch is a result of the resolution centre case, it does not apply here and I'm covered?
I have been a member in eBay for many years and have bought dozens of stuff, but this is a first time situation for me ( Lucky I guess?)
What would you do ?

It is not a serious amount - about $25.. It is more of a "Fool me once..." situation....
Any advice appreciated!

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
The 27 days has come and gone and you still don't have the item. This entitles you to a refund and I would get my money back from the seller.
But, I also read that after 60 days from the initial purchase date you cannot request for a refund. So if they send another one, in 15 days the 60day window closes and I won't be able to do much, while they can still claim that the item is on its way and needs more time ( they claim 15-27 business days for arrival)
I would ask eBay about this refund time limit situation before contacting the seller, it may be the sellers intent to use that "rule" to stiff you.

Stux

MVP
My experience with eBay is cancel the transaction and re-order.

If you accept, the seller willmight not deliver and then your grace period will expire.

If you cancel and re-order it will reset.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Agree with the above, there has to be more than one source, request a refund and order elsewhere. The failure to respond until you opened a case indicates the level of service you can expect from the seller.

Stux

MVP
Unfortunately, once you accept the refund the case will close and you will be unable to give feedback to the seller.

This is how dodgy sellers can survive on eBay. It's a scam.

ChriZ

Patron
Thanks for your replies guys!
I decided to follow your advice and cancel the purchase. I responded to the seller (through the resolution centre) that I don't want to wait another 45 days and I wish them to cancel the order and issue a refund.
We' ll see how it goes from here...

ChriZ

Patron
OK, update:
The seller told me that they will proceed with the refund and told me to close the case
I replied that I will close the case as soon as I see the transaction on my credit card...
So, thanks again all of you for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.