Adding a USB 3.0 NIC Driver to 9.2.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exidous

Cadet
My motherboard has a Killer E2200 NIC which isn't supported but I have a SITECOM USB 3.0 NIC (AX88179) that is supported in v9 and v10 of freeBSD but doesn't seem to be listed for the build of freeNAS. On the FreeBSD site the axge(driver for AX88179) is a dead link.

Any ideas on how to get FreeNAS to work with the NIC? There doesn't seem to be any future support for hte Atheros Killer stuff so I'm trying to focus on the USB option.

It does seem that AXGE was added in 10.1 of FreeBSD

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi...h=FreeBSD+11-current&arch=default&format=html

gpsguy

Just buy an Intel Pro/1000 CT. Cost is about $30 USD for an OEM version. You'll be happier with that purchase.

Sent from my phone

gpsguy

Yes, that is the one to buy.

Sent from my phone

Exidous

Cadet
For the sake of learning I'd still like to learn how to get the "if_axge.ko" I pulled out of FreeBSD 10.1 and get it to work in FreeNAS 9.2.1.7. I'm sure I'd have to recompile the kernel but I don't really know where to start.

Exidous

Cadet
So after doing a lot more reading and testing I've learned that the actual .img file that I need to get to is inside of the .iso and requires a linux based machine to manipulate. Am I on the right track before I create a CD bootable for my main machine to play around with?

Status
Not open for further replies.