AD bind - possible bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I've got a running environment ( FreeNAS as Storage, VMware vSpehere for virtualization ), and STORAGE01 ( FreeNAS-9.10.2-U5 ) up and running for 215 days. STORAGE01 is used for both VMware storage and SMB file sharing, AD joined domain.

All was fine until today, when all of a sudden, STORAGE01 started to ask for user/password when connecting to SMB shares.

Then I started debugging process... After trying to mess with ix-* scripts ( ix-activedirectory, ix-kerberos, etc ) and trying to restart django and nginx ( hint from this thread: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...-got-unable-to-find-domain-controllers.27182/ ), it looked like it was solved, but it didn't.

So, I started to read debug.log and here's the content:

FreeNAS-Forum-debug-pre-fixed-DC02.txt

So I cheched mylocaldc02 and it was frozen ( no ctrl+alt+del, time was 1h in the past ). After rebooting mylocaldc02 and from the GUI, saving the AD settings again, everything went back to normal. Here's the log after rebooting mylocaldc02:

FreeNAS-Forum-debug-after-fixed-DC02.txt

The questin is: shouldn't ad services have tried other servers once it was unable to connect to the first server ( mylocaldc02 ) ? It should have tried mylocaldc01, mylocaldc03, until all servers were exhausted, shouldn't it? Is it a BUG or am I wrong and missing something ("missed AD related classes")?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I was unable to post the files as message ( limit 3000 chars )

Attachments

• FreeNAS-Forum-debug-pre-fixed-DC02.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 361
  • FreeNAS-Forum-debug-after-fixed-DC02.txt
    94.3 KB · Views: 293
D

dlavigne

The questin is: shouldn't ad services have tried other servers once it was unable to connect to the first server ( mylocaldc02 ) ?

It depends upon the FreeNAS version and whether or not Active Directory -> Enable Monitoring is checked.

D

dlavigne

Long before that option became available. So yes, the behavior you saw is to be expected on that version.

Thus, should I consider this a BUG fixed in Version 11 ?
In my understanding, this should be default behavior ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.