Active Volumes does not load...

Dom

Dabbler
It is stuck on Loading....

THis only started happening after I have upgraded from 8.0.3 to 9.1 today. One thing I have not done yet was to upgrade the zpool. Also I have had a warning message for long time now. Something I did long time ago when playing with Volumes. Basically it is old volume that is missing the drives.Not sure if there is a connection. Exact message on the warning under alerts icon is "Warning: the volume t (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN.

Please help...

Dom

Dabbler
FreeNAS.png

Dom

Dabbler
I have upgraded the zpool using the upgrade command. Still issue persists. Here is screen capture of the warning message.
FreeNas_alertmsg.png

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, FreeNAS thinks you have a zpool named 't', and since that pool isn't mounted it thinks something is wrong with the pool, hence the warning. I'm not sure how to fix it if its not displaying in the GUI though.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm assuming if you go to the "View Volumes" window the zpool named 't' isn't there?

Dom

Dabbler
you are correct sir.. actually it is even worse. It is not showing anything after the upgrade. Just sits there saying loading..

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I have 2 options, neither one is pretty:

1. Redo your FreeNAS setup. Obviously some pool from days gone by has come back to life in the FreeNAS configuration database.
2. Maybe a developer can provide some insight on how to find and remove the 't' entry.

I'd try a different browser, clear cache and cookies, etc. If you can get it to load just once I'd "detach" the "t" pool, which should delete it from the databse once as for all.

Dusan

Guru
Could you please post the output of:
sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db "select * from storage_mountpoint"
sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db "select * from storage_volume"

Dusan

Guru
OK, try this:

1. Backup your config (System -> Settings -> Save config)!
2. Run sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db 'delete from storage_volume where vol_name="t"'

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You'll probably have to reboot after those changes to apply them... shutdown -r now

Dusan

Guru
No, no need to reboot.
I was able to reproduce the "Active Volumes not loading" problem by inserting a spurious entry into the storage_volume table. After deleting the line I just had to click on Active Volumes again and it finally loaded. The system alert will disappear in max. 5 minutes.
(I'd never suggest a change without testing it in a VM first ;) )

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Oh. ok. I figured it would be in the database somewhere. I just don't know if there is a way to query an entry if you only know something like the zpool name. I assumed it wouldn't be in a typical location because of the oddness of the issue.

VMs definitely are useful for that. I beat the living heck out of mine, then click "revert to snapshot". Hehe.

Dom

Dabbler
Bingo guys. Problem solved. The warning message is gone. and I can see the volumes now. Thanks much.

Hi! I've a similar issue! i've upgraded from CEC-freenas-FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty)-20200111150526 to to FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201605170422 and then to FreeNAS-11.2-U7.

My volumes are not listed at all. Neither a loading message.

My system is AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N54L Dual-Core Processor with 1879MB ram.

I've made the commands listed above:

# sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db "select * from storage_mountpoint" /mnt/CEC|rw,nfsv4acls|1|1 /mnt/MM|rw,nfsv4acls|2|2 # sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db "select * from storage_volume" "no results"

Could someone help me to figure this out?

I've also tried to import volumes but none is listed. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-11 17.58.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-11 17.58.46.png
    757.5 KB · Views: 228