Active Directory Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a noob to FreeNAS, yesterday in fact, and the install went pretty well. I was able to get it to ping to my Active Directory domain, both ways. The commands wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g show exactly what they are supposed to, AD users and groups. My AD is a mixed domain, one Win2003 server and one Win2008 server, 2003 is Global Catalog and Master Browser.

But for the life of me, I can't seem to get a share going. The NAS name, FCHSNAS, shows up when I browse the network from my Win7 desktop. I'm logged into the desktop with a user who is in the Domain Admins group. I have set the Volume owner user to Administrator and Volume owner group to Domain Admins. Owner and Group all have Read, Write, Execute, ACL is Windows. Test share is on Volume 1, Browsable to network clients turned on, all others off.

From workstation, I browse the network, FCHSNAS shows, I click it, and it asks for username and password. I can enter Domain Admin credentials, but that defeats the purpose. I should be able to browse that share. What am I doing wrong?

D

dlavigne

From workstation, I browse the network, FCHSNAS shows, I click it, and it asks for username and password. I can enter Domain Admin credentials, but that defeats the purpose. I should be able to browse that share. What am I doing wrong?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Status
Not open for further replies.