Accessing shared network drive in TrueNAS Core

krhymer

Cadet
Hello,

I think this is the correct sub forum to post in. The issue that I am having is:

Installed TrueNAS Core on a dedicated machine (older but usable Dual Processor Quad Core Xeon with 64Gb of Ram). Will be running SabNZB, Sonarr, Deluge (may try to get Medusa up and running). I am starting with trying to configure SabNZB to map to a shared Windows 10 Enterprise drive I know that I have to map the drive in TrueNAS first and this is where I am having problems (I use the Windows 10 machine for other uses so installing TrueNAS on this machine is not viable).

I have tried in TrueNAS (through Shell access):
- created directories in /mnt for folders I am looking at access on the Windows 10 computer (ie. /mnt/Downloads, /mnt/Music, /mnt/Movies...)
- tried mount -t nfs <Windows 10 LAN IP>:/Music /mnt/Music (getting error: [tcp] Windows 10 LAN IP:/Music: RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out

The systems are:
TrueNAS:
Dual Xeon quad core
64GB of Ram
Pool setup as single 16TB ZFS storage with SMB access (Windows 10 can access the share)

Windows 10:
16 Core Threadripper
64GB of Ram
96TB storage (setup as two separate Windows Storage Spaces with 24TB of space)
8TB storage space (setup as 4 separate partitions for different file types (music, ebooks, misc files)
All above are shared and authenticated with a single (non admin user). Setup for Windows Sharing and Network Shares.
Other computers on the network can access these drives/ folders (mix of Windows and Linux machines).

What I am hoping to do is have the TrueNAS machine hold the jails for the programs to manage and download the different files (music, movies, tvshows, ebook). But store them on the larger file system on the Windows machine.

Hope this all makes sense. RIght now the Windows machine is working and I have no issues with downloading the files. I am just wanting to separate things a bit.

Thank you for assistance in getting this setup.
Kevin

krhymer

Cadet
Update:

Found an article for mapping smb shares on BSD (sorry, I forgot that TrueNAS is based on BSD).
I have configured it for mounting at startup of TrueNAS using .nsmbrc file at ~/.

My configuration for the mounting is:

mount_smbfs -N -I 192.168.xxx.xxx //<user>@<hostname>/RemoteShare /mnt/<TrueNAS-Share>Music

TrueNAS accepts this and I am able to add a mount point to the Jail.
When I point SabNZB to the mount point I get "download_dir directory: /mnt/ShareName/<FolderName> error accessing"

There are no other errors being logged by SabNZB or within TrueNAS.