9.3 Upgrade pending but won't apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Heffe

Cadet
I'm behind a proxy server and configured the proxy under Networking:Global:HttpProxy: proxy.mydoamain.com:8080.

I'm able to detect an update is present (either automatically or via Check for Updates Botton)

When I press the Apply Pending Updates button, nothing happens. Even waiting for extended periods. I have the console messages enabled in the console footer of the GUI.

The build I'm using is: FreeNAS-9.3-M4-5a42e1a-x64

I understand that daily builds are still subject to bugs but is the apply pending updates working? Does it work with the proxy server? Are there log files I can look at or maybe kick off the update via CLI?

D

dlavigne

Not quite yet as that part is still under very active development. It it slated to be working for BETA.

El-Heffe

Cadet
Not quite yet as that part is still under very active development. It it slated to be working for BETA.

I don't mind updating the old way (since I want to update to newer daily snapshots. How do I do this?

I looked all around the GUI for the update firmware. I can't find it. (I understand FreeNAS is moving to this new mechanism but I figured the old way might still be there until the new way is working.) Otherwise do I shutdown my FreeNAS server and have boot of a newer daily ISO to upgrade it that way?

D

dlavigne

Not quite sure and I'm waiting for the changes to settle down before documenting this section. Last week the Manual Upgrade button was in System -> Upgrade, but I believe that changed earlier this week. It is quite possible that Manual Upgrade won't be in 9.3 at all as 9.3 requires an install (not an upgrade). I've just been doing daily fresh installs as part of my testing.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I despite these kinds of threads because if you aren't pro enough to handle problems yourself you shouldn't be using it. And I hate replying because it tends to legitimize the thread, but...

I'm running 9.3-M4 that is from Monday (sorry, don't know the exact number) but it's broken there. Talking to the devs they said it should be fixed in a few days.

So I'm just going to do upgrades every few days via the latest ISO until it starts working. I'd recommend you do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.