SOLVED 9.3 Update fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumdr19

Dabbler
I have been trying to update to STABLE-201502271818. It seemed to have completed the update. However, when the system reboots, I get a "CRITICAL: Update failed. Check /data/update.failed for further details."
here is the output of the fail log

Code:
ps: cannot mmap corefile
ps: empty file: Invalid argument
Running migrations for api:
- Nothing to migrate.
- Loading initial data for api.
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
Running migrations for freeadmin:
- Nothing to migrate.
- Loading initial data for freeadmin.
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
Running migrations for services:
- Migrating forwards to 0160_pwencrypt.
> services:0160_pwencrypt
- Migration 'services:0160_pwencrypt' is marked for no-dry-run.
! Error found during real run of migration! Aborting.

! Since you have a database that does not support running
! schema-altering statements in transactions, we have had
! to leave it in an interim state between migrations.

! You *might* be able to recover with:   (migration cannot be dry-run; cannot discover commands)
! The South developers regret this has happened, and would
! like to gently persuade you to consider a slightly
! easier-to-deal-with DBMS (one that supports DDL transactions)
! NOTE: The error which caused the migration to fail is further up.
Error in migration: services:0160_pwencrypt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/manage.py", line 42, in <module>
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 399, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 392, in execute
    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 242, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **options.__dict__)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 285, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/management/commands/migrate.py", line 111, in handle
    ignore_ghosts = ignore_ghosts,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/__init__.py", line 220, in migrate_app
    success = migrator.migrate_many(target, workplan, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 256, in migrate_many
    result = migrator.__class__.migrate_many(migrator, target, migrations, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 331, in migrate_many
    result = self.migrate(migration, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 133, in migrate
    result = self.run(migration, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 114, in run
    return self.run_migration(migration, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 84, in run_migration
    migration_function()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 60, in <lambda>
    return (lambda: direction(orm))
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/services/migrations/0160_pwencrypt.py", line 28, in forwards
    do_encrypt(orm['services.DomainController'], 'dc_passwd')
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/services/migrations/0160_pwencrypt.py", line 18, in do_encrypt
    setattr(obj, field, notifier().pwenc_encrypt(getattr(obj, field)))
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py", line 5688, in pwenc_encrypt
    nonce = get_random_bytes(8)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Random/__init__.py", line 41, in get_random_bytes
    return _UserFriendlyRNG.get_random_bytes(n)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Random/_UserFriendlyRNG.py", line 228, in get_random_bytes
    return _get_singleton().read(n)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Random/_UserFriendlyRNG.py", line 215, in _get_singleton
    _singleton = _LockingUserFriendlyRNG()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Random/_UserFriendlyRNG.py", line 159, in __init__
    _UserFriendlyRNG.__init__(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Random/_UserFriendlyRNG.py", line 86, in __init__
    self._ec = _EntropyCollector(self._fa)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Random/_UserFriendlyRNG.py", line 53, in __init__
    self._osrng = OSRNG.new()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Random/OSRNG/posix.py", line 83, in new
    return DevURandomRNG(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Crypto/Random/OSRNG/posix.py", line 44, in __init__
    f = open(self.name, "rb", 0)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/urandom'
Exception AttributeError: "'DevURandomRNG' object has no attribute 'closed'" in <bound method DevURandomRNG.__del__ of <Crypto.Random.OSRNG.posix.DevURandomRNG object at 0x810595e10>> ignored

Under "System" the build shows as: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502271818. However, my services page is all messed up it looks like this:
Untitled.jpg

I tried the auto updated, reverted to previous status when it failed. I then tried the manual update. I got the same results. Any ideas?

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

How big is the boot device and how many boot environments appear in System -> Boot?

rumdr19

Dabbler
It is a 16GB USB drive. I have 9 boot environments.

UPDATE: I deleted a few of the boot environments and tried again. I got the same results.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Does removing all of the older boot environments except the last 2 or so resolve the issue?

rumdr19

Dabbler
So, I ended up having to download and burn to a disk. I tried upgrading from the console, no luck. I did a fresh install. Once I was back in the system, I tried loading my setting files. However, after the system restarts, it comes back without the settings being applied. Not sure what's going on. I know I can pull the pools, but I am not looking forward to having to reconfigure everything from scratch. I tried multiple files as I save my settings on a weekly basis. Not happy right now... :(. At least I know my data is intact :)

D

dlavigne

Hmm, which version were you updating from? Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org (that includes that info) and post the issue number here.

rumdr19

Dabbler
Hmm, which version were you updating from? Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org (that includes that info) and post the issue number here.

I was trying to upgrade from FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502210408 to FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502271818. However, just before I stated to submit the bug report, I noticed a new update was available. So, burnt it to a disk, performed a clean install. I then applied my config file, all my settings were restored.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.