9.3 Hardware Requirments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpellet

Patron
Folks,

I've looked herein & @ the FreeNAS page but have not found any list of hardware expectations for 9.3. Not wanting to waste folks time, I'd like to understand basic system expectations, especially when migrating from 9.2 before installing the beta to test. Any feedback appreciated & if I've missed a description I regret it.

Thanks for any help.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Folks,

I've looked herein & @ the FreeNAS page but have not found any list of hardware expectations for 9.3. Not wanting to waste folks time, I'd like to understand basic system expectations, especially when migrating from 9.2 before installing the beta to test. Any feedback appreciated & if I've missed a description I regret it.

Thanks for any help.

Same as 9.2, essentially. More stuff is supported by virtue of 9.3's improved compatibility, but the general recommendations stand.

Larger boot drives are advantageous, but not a strict requirement. You can keep snapshots of OS installs, for easier OS rollbacks and similar situations.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If I had to list "changes" from minimums for 9.2 and 9.3 I'd say everything is the same except 4GB+ boot device (the larger size because now you get updates and have multiple clones of your boot environment).

For recommendations, I'd recommend a faster USB stick if possible since USB is pretty slow for ZFS so more speed can make a difference more than previously. ;)

diedrichg

Wizard
Are they getting close to releasing 9.3? I know they were shooting for October.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.