9.2 Upgrade not binding to IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul5

Contributor
On this upgrade the only other problem I seem to have is the traffic light with the following warning:

WARNING: The WebGUI Address could not bind to 192.168.1.100; using wildcard

If I change it to 0.0.0.o the warning is not present. This doesn't seem right for until the upgrade all was fine.

Anyone know how to rectify it.

Paul5

Contributor
Additional info:

I've noticed that I've also lost Wake On Lan.

Card: 'Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT' that has been working fine with 9.1.1 until the upgrade to 9.2 - Faults: will not bind, and loss of Wake On Lan

Onboard card: Atheros still works fine but restricted 100base

Any ideas? I put the intel card on recommendations and it was the only one I could get at the time, and now it's not working with FN 9.2

D

dlavigne

If it's the em driver, there is this bug report. If your pciconf is different, please add it to the bug report.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I don't know. It sounds like you aren't configuring something properly. Especially since you aren't the only one using the 1000 MT and it works just fine for them.

Paul5

Contributor
I don't know. It sounds like you aren't configuring something properly. Especially since you aren't the only one using the 1000 MT and it works just fine for them.
That's what I don't understand, i configured it basic as i did it before with 9.1 I also did with the onboard to compare / prove to see if Wake On Lan still worked. The upgrade was an upgrade and it loaded the 9.1 config file. So other than the upgrade to 9.2 I changed nothing. Since then deleted the nic reset it and so on, no change. Change over to the on board and all's well. Disable it and go back to the card and the errors are back.

Paul5

Contributor
If it's the em driver, there is this bug report. If your pciconf is different, please add it to the bug report.

Thanks. Of interest I found this by accident when I meant to shutdown. On a reboot in trying to find a solution just as it starts to boot I pressed the power button shutting it down. I then clicked on wake on lan and it boots. If I do a normal shutdown Wake on lan won't work.

I guess I'll have to use the on board card for the moment. Hopefully the bug will get resolved.

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
I had this error right after the second restart (after upgrade). I've fushed DHCP record on my Mikrotik (using DHCP with static IP bind based on MAC) and disabled/enabled the port. After that i rebooted NAS and the error message did not appeared again. System is properly binded on correct IP.

Paul5

Contributor
I had this error right after the second restart (after upgrade). I've fushed DHCP record on my Mikrotik (using DHCP with static IP bind based on MAC) and disabled/enabled the port. After that i rebooted NAS and the error message did not appeared again. System is properly binded on correct IP.

Thanks for that, ARP Binding somehow became a problem. Disabled it, set everything up as DHCP Reserved IP and Mac and all is good. Somehow got away with it until 9.2.

Paul5

Contributor
Couldn't do the 'Edit'

'All is good', except Wake On Lan. That's out of my hands though.

Status
Not open for further replies.