9.2.1.7 version mismatch error... Bug or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidrash

Dabbler
I was going to post this in the 9.2.1.7 announcment, but I don't know if this is a bug, or if I just did something wrong... I downloaded the latest embedded ISO, burned and installed to thumb drive; and experienced the following errors.

- On bootup I catch a few errors and warnings on the way by... "failed to initialize ZFS library" and "Unable to load kernel module zfs".
1-bootup_error.jpg
- Once it is loaded and steady state, the console shows the list of options 1-11, and between the option "11) Shutdown", and "Enter an option...", it says "struct xtcpcb size mismatch".
2-console_error.jpg
- While sitting at the console doing nothing, eventually the screen will fill with:
KLD opensolaris.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
KLD zfs.ko: depends on opensolaris - not available or version mismatch
3-more_console_error.jpg
- Than finally the really strange one... I log into the web admin, and there is no links on top for 'Jails' or 'Plugins', and the System Information Build version says "FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE...."
4-build_ver_error.jpg

I thought I might have downloaded the wrong ISO, so I downloaded it again, and made sure the file was infact named 9.2.1.7. The installer says 9.2.1.7. I burnt it and reinstalled fresh... Same exact problem; no change.

It looks like the 9.2.1.7 ISO might be messed up...? Could the build have been mixed up, or the kernel been swapped by accident? Or am I just doing something foolishly incorrect?

System:
Asrock C2550D4i with C2550 processor
32gb Kingston RAM ECC
2x 16gb thumbs, 2x 128gb SSDs, 5x 1Tb, 8x 450gb

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You sure your boot device is good?

Validating the ISO isn't corrupt is easy... just bounce the sha256 off the one we provide.. :)

Edit: The screenshot says 8.3.1.......

You should probably do a wipe of the drive, install 9.2.1.7 from a validated good download of the ISO or img file and then upload a config file. If that config file is older than 9.2.0 you shouldn't be upgrading straight to 9.2.1.7.

Last edited:

skidrash

Dabbler
Agh! I have acheived a level of amature so profound it is too embarasing for me to admit to here... May I request a moderator delete this thread as it will provide no benefit to mankind?

(thank you for the reply cyberjock! you pointed me in the right direction)

Status
Not open for further replies.