3 questions

maloosheck

Cadet
1. What script or command does TrueNAS SCALE web GUI use to detect and list drives in Storage tab?

I am investigating why my SAS drives are not detected by TrueNAS, but they are visible in lsblk or lshw. Config:
MB/CPU/RAM: Supermicro X11SSH-F + Xeon E3-1240L v5 + 64GB ECC
HBAs/Backplane: two Supermicro AOC-3008L-L8Es (LSI9300-8i in IT mode, FW 16.00.12.00, BIOS 08.37.00.00, UEFI BSD 18.00.00.00) connected to BPN-SAS3-213A with CBL-SAST-0531-01 MiniSAS HD SFF-8643 cables
Drives: I currently have the following drives in: two SATA DOMs with TrueNAS installed, Intel Optane NVME M.2 on the montherboard, two IBM 2.5" SAS 6Gbs and two WD 2.5" SATA 3Gbs connected to the backplane. All 4 2.5"s are blank (no partition table). One SAS and one SATA are connected through the first HBA, the second SAS and second SATA are connected through the second HBA.

Kernel seems to detect them all, TrueNAS web GUI only shows NVME and SATA drives. I have read so many topics here about SAS drives being undetected but I wanted to dig deeper.

2. Are there any network speed tools built in TrueNAS SCALE? I have not seen the obvious speedtest-cli or fast-cli.

3. General question: how well was the current version 22.12.2 tested? I tried bonding my two onboard Ethernet interfaces and got an error. I tried enabling UPS service and got an error. Reporting does not seem to report anything. Do I need to set up a pool before anything else is available?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I have not seen the obvious speedtest-cli or fast-cli.

How in the heck are those useful network speed tools? Why would you not use the industry standard iperf3 and related tools?

bonding my two onboard Ethernet interfaces and got an error.

Probably shouldn't do that in any case; see the resource that discusses LACP and its deficiencies. It would be better to jump right up to 10 gig ethernet, which is discussed in the 10 Gig Networking Primer resource.

maloosheck

Cadet
I installed TrueNAS CORE and it DOES show the SAS drives in Storage tab. Are SAS drives filtered out in TrueNAS SCALE?