$250 worth of parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

travalon

Explorer
Hi all,
I just can't decide what would be best with my budget. So I figured why not ask?
I need to replace my mobo, cpu, and RAM and only have $250ish to spend.
This will be used primarily as a media server and backup solution accessed by no more than 2 clients at a time.
I want it to support up to 8 drives. (I have 4)
I would like micro ATX.
Prefer socket 1155. (An all in 1 solution is good too. )
Hoping for 32Gigs RAM support.
6 sata would be nice but may be a pipe dream.
ECC would be nice but may not be in the budget.

Please give me your input. I did read the resident grinch's hardware threads but it's outside my means.

travalon

Explorer
I did find and am leaning towards the Asrock above just because it seems like a decent deal. I am building an i5 3750k system with it for my brother. It's a shame I can't get the free memory retroed 3 days.If the system works well and there are no other suggestions, the free memory may decide me.

Which celeron do you suggest?

Yatti420

Wizard
Sometimes it's worth it to spend a little extra and get something that can be carried forward.. I went went and got a sandy bridge and am now limited @1067mhz ram right now.. Not a biggie for freenas but might be if you need to run something else..

travalon

Explorer
The vendor of the linked board decided me. They claim I bent 1 out of 1150 pins and refuse to accept the faulty board back. Anyone know a good method for fixing pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.