22.12.3 no changelog?

sammael

Explorer
Hi,
updated 2 test nas systems to 22.12.3 from stable train. Can't find changelog or any announcement anywhere.

On one system got an alert:
The following active service is deprecated rsync. This service is scheduled for removal in a future version of SCALE. Before upgrading, please check https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/scaledeprecatedfeatures/ to confirm whether or not the service has been removed in the next version of SCALE.
2023-06-13 17:19:17 (Europe/London)
The link leads to 404.

Anyone knows what changed?

LarsR

Guru
The Last Release notes i found are for the .2 Release. Maybe the Homepage is Not yet updated.

bklyngaucho

Dabbler
It takes a minute. I will report that my upgrade on homelab from 22.12.2 was flawless.

sammael

Explorer
Thanks the info, I've successfully replaced the rsync service with rsyncd app.
Got another alert " * The following datasets are not encrypted but are within an encrypted dataset: 'qnap-pool1/backup/turbofreenas/public' which is not supported behaviour and may lead to various issues.", which while I know how to resolve, I was wondering what exactly could these "various issues" entail?

Arwen

MVP
@sammael - There is an issue when not un-locking a dataset, a child unencrypted dataset could mount. Or not mount, I don't remember all the details. Plus services on such a child dataset would need to be stopped and restarted when is parent is finally un-locked because the child dataset has to be un-mounted, then re-mounted.

Basically, they need 100% reliability & repeatability for the Enterprise customers.

sammael

Explorer
@Arwen thanks I thought it might be something like that. A non-issue for my homelab backup then, the data just sits there and gets zfs replicated into once a day from main nas and no services run on it - whether it's mounted or unmounted, locked or unlocked is irrelevant to me.

sammael

Explorer
Caught another release before the changelog (22.12.3.2), for what it's worth 2 systems updated without a hitch, 15-ish apps on each came up correctly after reboot.